Having a really bad day, I remembered one of my cherished uncles used to have some pretty quirky sayings… you know the kind of thing that makes you stop and think for a second, what did he just say? One in particular he used to end a conversation with a difficult person was, “May you have the kind of day you deserve.”
I thought of this statement today as our start was so comically bad that I am fearing participating in the rest of my day. I really hope this is not the day I deserve….
A bad day ahead? The following happened before 8:00 a.m.
– Daughter’s hamster is missing and running through the house
– Vet calls to say dog needs to stay another night
– No hot water from brand new heating system we had installed last month
– Picture day at school so washing long haired teenage boys hair in the kitchen sink while he screams that his head is getting frostbite!
– While scrubbing his head, his twin decides to drop a full gallon of milk on the floor!
– My husband calls to say his bank card is missing
Is it a start of a bad day? I’m really afraid to go out today…..
Or have I finished my share of troubles for one day?